Timberline Basketball Returns!

December 13, 2021

Welcome back Wolves! We are thrilled to announce the arrival of the 2021-22 Wolfpack basketball season. The followers of our basketball teams have been waiting too long to watch their favorite sport again. With COVID-19 restrictions in place last year, the student body couldn’t support the teams in the crowd. This year, however, everyone is back! 

Girl’s Basketball

Photographer: Gretta Fors

The girls played their 2021 home opener on November 18, and they ruled the court! The home game against Owyhee, was their second win of the season. From the jump to the final buzzer, the girls delivered their best for our school. The game started off with the players Audrey Taylor (11), Kailey Huegerich (15), Piper Davis (24), Lauren McCall (33), and Sophie Glancey (50). The girls were led to victory by their coach Andy Jones and assistant coach Jacob Doherty, both dressed in all white and encouraging the girls the entire time. 

So far, the girls have had a promising start to the season and their work is starting to pay off. After taking State Runner-Up last year, the Timberline Girls are determined to change that and become the State Champions of the 21-22 season! So far, the girls have a winning streak of 7-0 and are looking to maintain it. Winning State would be an amazing way to end the season before some of the seniors leave. We will be sad to see our four wonderful seniors go, including Audrey Taylor(11), Sophie Glancey(50), Mayrn McDaniel(4), and Taysia Wilson(32). Each of these girls worked hard to carry our basketball program to where it is today and they will be missed. 

Boy’s Basketball

The boys played their first game on December 2 and defeated Borah! Boys Varsity attracted an electric crowd and did not fail to please them. The starters, including Blake Kiesau(1), Flynn Davis(2), Wade Zenner(3), Jake Anderson(22), and AJ LaBeau(55), set a fiery tone from the start of the game and the team maintained it to the end. Throughout the close game, the cheerleaders, dancers, and crowd fed the team’s energy and their efforts were reciprocated. The Varsity Boys coaches, including Travis Noble, Mark Anderson, David Rickard, and Alan Thornsberry all had their eyes set on winning; and their techniques for the team worked! At the end of the night, the final score was 35-30. Another win for the Wolves!

Photographer: Gretta Fors

Just like the girls, the boys have been training hard all year to ensure they conquer this season! Also similarly to the girls, there are four seniors leaving the boys after this season. Those players are Flynn Davis(2), Wade Zenner(3), Stephen Henstrom(4), and Camden Parker(12). We hope to see all of their work pay off and finish their high school basketball careers with a season to be proud of!

Photos and Upcoming Events

Make sure you stay tuned with the Timberline Paw Print to hear about upcoming basketball games and updates on how the Wolves are doing. Below you can find images from both the boy’s and girls’ home openers. We encourage you to support the teams this season and go watch, you won’t be disappointed! Once again, congratulations to the Timberline Wolves on a strong start to the 21-22 season!

Photographer: Gretta Fors