Speech and Debate Team Wins Big at Bash at the Border Tournament

Timberline+Speech+and+Debate+Team+with+the+1st+place+sweepstakes+trophy+in+speech+

Photo by: Dominic Molet

Timberline Speech and Debate Team with the 1st place sweepstakes trophy in speech

By: Cara Halford, Writer

This weekend, January 13th-14th, Timberline’s Speech and Debate Team reigned victorious at the Bash at the Border Tournament. For speech, Timberline won 1st place sweepstakes, and won 2nd place for the tournament in general, which included both speech and debate. 

Photo by: Dominic Molet
From left to right- Justice Sloyer, Molly Lahart, Cara Halford, and Brady Dunn celebrating their debate victories

The first day of competition took place at Fruitland High School with the Wolves partaking in debate events ranging from Public Forum, to Congressional Debate, to Lincoln-Douglas. The next day of competition at Bishop Kelly High School proved to be even more fruitful for the Timberline Team. Below are the results for both days of the tournament.

Debate Results

Molly Lahart and Justice Sloyer: Top Finishers in Novice Public Forum

Brady Dunn and Cara Halford: Top Finishers in Varsity Public Forum

Speech Results

Augutus Wohlschelegel: 1st in After Dinner Speaking

Brady Dunn: 3rd in Communication Analysis

Photo by: Dominic Molet
From left to right- Blessy Bellamkonda, Ize Upham, Paige Porter, Divya Elancheran, Izaak Olbera, Brady Dunn, and Augustus Wohlschelegel pose with their various awards

Paige Porter: 6th in Communication Analysis

Ize Upham: 2nd in Sales Speaking and 3rd in Informative Speaking

Izaak Olbera: 6th in Dramatic Interpretation

Divya Elancheran: 5th in Original Oratory

Blessy Bellamkonda: 4th in Radio Speaking

Overall it was a great weekend for Timberline’s Speech and Debate team, be sure to wish them congratulations and good luck for their next competition: Rocky Mountain High School’s Grizzly Growl Tournament!