The Timberline Paw Print

The Student News Site of Timberline High School

The Timberline Paw Print

The Timberline Paw Print

The Wolves Overcome the Storm

Wrestlers Defeat Owyhee in Whirlwind Match
The+Rock
Photo by: Regann Morgan
The Rock

After a string of losses, our Timberline Wolves Varsity Wrestlers won their match against Owyhee High School. Timberline defeated their opponent on December 13th, 2023 with a score of 48-38. This game was held in the Timberline High School Main gym. 

I asked Coach Deloney what he thinks the rest of the season has to offer. He explained to me that there is a big tournament called “Grapple for the Granite” on January 31st. They won last year and got the Rock trophy that is on display at the athletics entrance.  After that match, they will have a state tournament starting February 22nd to February 24th.

I asked the Varsity Captain, Noah Morehouse (Junior), the same question: “I think it will look like hard work. We have a lot of talent in the room, but it’s going to come down to who wants to show up and put in the work,” said Morehouse.

Our wrestlers have five more matches in these upcoming weeks. Check out their most updated schedule by going to the Wolves Athletic Home Page. We wish them all of the best for the matches to come. Let’s go Wolves!