The Timberline Paw Print

The Student News Site of Timberline High School

The Timberline Paw Print

The Timberline Paw Print

Timberline Shows Out for Make-a-Wish Basketball Game

Boys basketball plays a tough game and raises awareness
The+Wolves+cheer+on+their+teammates.+
Photo by: Regann Morgan
The Wolves cheer on their teammates.

On January 27th the Timberline Varsity Boys Basketball team raised awareness for the “Make a Wish” program, which gives kids with critical illness a wish to go somewhere they would like. We raised $2,751, and the proceeds go to help Jayden Gabbard, who wants to go to Disneyland. While I was at the game I caught up with the captains: Bryce Heinz, Alex Ko, and Sol Stands, along with Coach Noble.

It is clear Coach Noble has had an impact on his team. When asked who had influenced the three captains the most. They all agreed “Coach Noble.” When asked about their perspective on the rest of the season, “We have 3 tough games and we were hoping to win them and make it to the top 3 districts, said Heinz, and Ko and Stands agreed with him.

Coach Noble says, “The rest of the season has a lot. This group is fun and good to coach. I know tonight didn’t go our way but we’re sitting in a good spot with 3 games left. There is a lot of upside with this team, so we are just looking forward to the future.” It is clear they are preparing to give their best for these upcoming games. Coach Noble then explained how much coaching means to him. “I wanted to get into coaching because so many coaches gave so much to me. So I felt like it was a good way to give back all the stuff I’ve received growing up as a kid and give back to these guys,” said Noble.

One thing is for sure, Wolves do better in a pack. So be sure to show your pride and show up to support boys Basketball games. Go Wolves!