Stopping the Spread Starts NOW

Photo by: Alissa Eckert, MS; Dan Higgins, MAM

By: Ally Metzler, Lead Photographer/Social Media Manager/Staff Reporter

246,749 cases, 2,687 deaths in Idaho alone. These numbers grow every single day. Every single day lives are lost. To see these numbers go down, there must be a change. That change begins with us; Timberline High School. 

COVID-19 will continue to disrupt routines, work, learning and most importantly, will continue to take lives. Luckily, thanks to the CDC and scientists like Kizzmekia Corbett, we have a weapon to help us fight this virus: the COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine saves lives. The vaccine protects YOU from the virus. USA Today establishes the fact that unvaccinated people are 10 times more likely to be hospitalized if they get the virus and 11 times more likely to die. The vaccine lowers these chances. According to a New York Times study, the chances of you getting the virus after you are vaccinated is only 1 in 5,000. Even though the vaccine lowers your risk of getting the virus, it doesn’t mean you’re off the hook. Stay safe and stay smart.

The CDC confirms that getting the vaccine helps stop the spread and keeps you less at risk from the virus.

The CDC confirms that getting the vaccine helps stop the spread and keeps you less at risk from the virus. You do your part in helping make our country and community a healthier place. Only 774,836 Idahoins are vaccinated, your vaccination will make a difference. 

COVID guidelines help protect those around you. Following them is a must. 

1. Social distance 6 feet from those around you.
  2. Keep your mask on at all possible times.
  3. Mask goes over the nose.
  4. Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose. 
  5. Stay home if you are sick.
  6. Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds.
  7. Cover your sneezes and coughs
  8. If you are the age of 12 and above, get vaccinated as soon as possible.
Photo by: focusonmore.com

To keep each other safe, following these guidelines is a necessity. If we do our part, if we work together to keep each other safe, cases will stop popping up at our school. We will be able to stay in session as well as be able to fully enjoy the events that once seemed normal. If we work together to stop the spread of COVID-19, we will help take down the pandemic once and for all. 

For more information on COVID-19 and everything you need to know about the vaccine, go to this website

This poll has ended.

What is one COVID-19 guideline our school needs to work on the most?

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.