The Timberline Paw Print

The Student News Site of Timberline High School

The Timberline Paw Print

The Timberline Paw Print

A Look Into the Wolfpack

Student Perspectives

As you may know, Timberline High School has been in the spotlight all year long.  With that in mind, it is incredibly important for our voices to be heard, for our school and ourselves. The Timberline student body is one that is remarkably strong. As I walked the halls of this school, I pulled students aside from each grade level to ask them a question: “What is one thing you like about Timberline?” Even with the simplicity of this question, the students were eager to share their thoughts…

“The student body… I think it’s a lot of fun. At games, everyone has a lot of energy, very social people.”

— Timberline Senior

“I really like the art department, everybody there is really nice and really supportive.”

— Timberline Senior

“I think we have a lot of very diverse communities here, there’s a friend group for everybody.”

— Timberline Junior

“I like the environment, it’s pretty chill and there isn’t much bullying or judging.”

— Timberline Junior

“I like that we get open campus lunch and I like the teachers a lot.”

— Timberline Sophomore

“The teachers are more interesting and open campus lunch is nice.”

— Timberline Sophomore

Our campus is full of Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors who see the good in our school. This is such an important thing to remember while life around us can get turbulent. Timberline is a school that students enjoy attending. It is a second home we attend to see our friends, our teachers and gain new knowledge 5 days a week. While many would tend to focus on the negatives and improvements needed, we can see from these student responses that they’ll argue for the greatness of Timberline. With negativity being a constant in our lives, it is easy to neglect its antonym. Positivity has much more influence than one may think. Every year, Communities for Youth conducts a Mental Health Assessment for all schools in the Boise District. In the Fall of 2022, they collected data from 827 Timberline students. A question in the assessment revolving around School Connectedness asked students how much they agree with the statement: “I feel safe at this school.” 70% of the students at Timberline agreed with this statement. This shows a strong concern for safety and a passion for all students that Timberline represents. The impact of our school’s connectedness can be felt with a simple “hello” or a friendly wave to a friend across the hall. So, just like your classmates who shared their positive outlook on our school, try sharing one piece of positivity every day to keep our pack as strong as ever.

Photo by: Ally Metzler
This quote, said by Mahatma Gandhi, is one that all Timberline students can remember as they thrive through Timberline.