Weekly Timberline Sports Updates

Your+Timberline+Girls+Varsity+Basketball+team+for+the+2021%2F2022+season.+Top+row%2C+left+to+right%3A+Jamysen+Yates%2C+Taysia+Wilson%2C+Lexi+Blais%2C+Lauren+McCall%2C+Audrey+Taylor%2C+Emma+Heniger%2C+Maryn+McDaniel.+Bottom+row%2C+left+to+right%3A+Kailey+Huegerich%2C+Aly+Cox%2C+Piper+Davis%2C+Grace+Mertes%2C+Sophie+Glancey.+

Photo by: THS Hoops Instagram

Your Timberline Girls Varsity Basketball team for the 2021/2022 season. Top row, left to right: Jamysen Yates, Taysia Wilson, Lexi Blais, Lauren McCall, Audrey Taylor, Emma Heniger, Maryn McDaniel. Bottom row, left to right: Kailey Huegerich, Aly Cox, Piper Davis, Grace Mertes, Sophie Glancey.

By: Annabel Lawrence, Editor in-Chief

Sports Update 11/29-12/3

Hey Wolves! We here at the Timberline Paw Print hope your Thanksgiving break. Remember, there’s only 3.5 weeks until the end of the semester, and then Christmas! Make sure you keep coming back to the Paw Print to keep up on all of the holiday trends. For now though, let’s talk about sports. It’s a big week for Timberline, so make sure to support in whatever way you can!

Girls Basketball

The first two weeks of Girls Basketball for Timberline has been, literally, perfect. They have gotten off to a great start, beating Borah, Owyhee, Eagle, and Rocky Mountain, improving to 4-0. If you went to the Eagle game, you got to see quite an amazing showcase of the Wolves’ skills. The fourth quarter in particular was an exciting time. The Wolves were dominant the whole game, and at the end of the third quarter the score was 49-33, Wolves. But the Eagle Mustangs came roaring back, and during a much-needed timeout, head Coach Andrew Jones faced the girls and continued to say “New game, new game.” But the wolves persevered, and stayed in it to win by 8, 53-45.

You can catch the Lady Wolves again this week, where they are set to play away at Skyview on Tuesday, and away at Boise on Friday. Let’s cheer them on to stay undefeated!

Boys Wrestling

Wrestling season is starting up again, on the road against the Meridian Warriors. It will be a tough battle, as the Warriors are the defending 5A state champions, but the Wolves are up to it.

Boys Basketball

Boys basketball is also returning, and this time we are able to catch them first at their home opener on Wednesday. Get pumped up, this game is set to be a good one!

Timberline Drama

No, not that kind of drama, the Timberline Drama team competes at state this Friday and Saturday at Centennial. Wish them good luck if you see them in the halls!

District III Drama Competition was on Saturday the 20th- Congratulations to all of the District Finishers!

State Qualifiers
  • Morgan Kelly and Tommy Duff – 1st place in Ensemble Musical Theatre – “Suddenly Seymour”
  • Morgan Kelly – Solo Musical Theatre
  • Autumn Austin – Technical Makeup – “The Lion King”
Superior Rating
  • Wini Strasser, Zeke Griffin, Jack Moore, Laura Fall and Samantha Moss – Original Humorous
Excellent Rating
  • Tommy Duff – Solo Musical Theatre
  • Aerial Maberry – Solo Musical Theatre
  • Reese Mariscal – Solo Musical Theatre
  • Tobias Barrows and Katherine Nuss – Original Serious
  • Josh Landen and Laila Gaines – Original Humorous
  • Rhiannon LeGault – Technical Props
  • Deetie Bell – Technical Makeup

Timberline Pawprint wishes all of you the best of luck as you go on to represent our school at State!!

Sports Update 11/15-11/19

Hey Wolves! We here at the Timberline Paw Print hope you are having some wonderful last few weeks before we enjoy the wonderful week of Thanksgiving break! We are SO close to a much needed intermission before we come back for the last three weeks of the semester and the year. 

Of course, the holiday season is right around the corner, so be prepared for Paw Print holiday content. So as the weather continues to change, so do Timberline sports! We are currently in a fall to winter interim, but that break ends next week when Timberline Girls basketball starts back up! The first home game starts with the Sophomore team at 4:30 p.m., Junior Varsity at 6 p.m., and Varsity at 7:30 p.m. We can’t wait to see what the wolves have in store this winter!

THS Swim 

The Wolves had a great time at the District Swim Meet on Oct. 28., where the boys team placed second and the girls team placed fourth. Timberline saw three first place finishes with Jillian Moses taking home two wins in the 200 IM and the 100 breaststroke. Max Wolf also won in the 100 breaststroke. The boys 200 free relay team (Tolman, Ott, Peitz, Wolf) also took first. 

The state meet would prove to be a record breaking one, with the Boys team placing second and the girls team placing fifth. Max Wolf won the state title in the 100 breaststroke final, which was particularly exciting because he was able to break his own State record. The boys 200 freestyle relay team (Tolman, Ott, Peitz, Wolf) repeated their first place win from districts as well. Jillian Moses captured the state title in both the 200 Individual Medley and the 100 breaststroke, breaking her previous record in the 100 breaststroke. This is also the fourth year in a row that she has taken home this trophy! Kathy Nie finished second and third in those same events. 

Emily Mathis, Timberline Swim’s head coach and former BSU swimmer did an incredible job this year pushing Timberline to record-breaking new heights. Thank you Emily! Be sure to congratulate Max Wolf, Callen Tolman, Alec Ott, Adam Peitz, Jillian Moses, Kathy Nie, and any other swimmer on their efforts this year! We love you Timberline Swim!

Well, it looks like that’s it for now Wolves. We hope you can push through this last week before Thanksgiving, and have a happy and healthy holiday. Go Wolves!