The Timberline Paw Print

The Student News Site of Timberline High School

The Timberline Paw Print

The Timberline Paw Print

The Car Lot: Most Attractive Wheels of the 1930’s

Photo by: Belle Goodale
A 1939 Lincoln Zephyr at the village car show

Welcome back fellow car lovers, today we go back to a dark time in history, but a revolutionary one for Edsel Ford.Where he was lucky enough to have Tom Tjaarda design the Lincoln Zephyr after his father bought the Lincoln company in 1922. 

They managed to create an aerodynamic styling, appealing to the public eye. Their two most popular models being the coupe and sedan. A majority liked the sloping rear deck, curved windows, and front fenders that included a simple grille form with horizontal bars and the front head lights formed into the fenders.

The inside being just as attractive to the public as the outside, a very nice and sleek car. The convertibles are rare and are two-man manuals that you can raise and lower. In one Zephyr, its original V-12 engine never ran hot, a characteristic some say is common to the powerplant. With the rear engine low to the ground it gets moving quickly and it picks up smoothly at 55 to 60 mph. 

You could never go wrong with this dependable car, it is known to be on the heavy side and yes, it is old, but it will carry you wherever and never fail. So, with the conclusion to this beautiful car, keep on rolling and comment on the next car you want to see or any cool facts you know about this car.