The Timberline Paw Print

The Student News Site of Timberline High School

The Timberline Paw Print

The Timberline Paw Print

Timberline Pawprint’s Official One Direction Ranking

A superfan and a casual fan go head-to-head in an aggressive ranking
Photo by: Ally Metzler
Rian and Mina holding their favorite albums.

While most of us know and love the 2010’s boy band One Direction, two reporters here at the Timberline Paw Print have some pretty strong opinions. Here, Rian Kavulich and Mina Boam face off in their rankings of all One Direction albums, as well as each band members’ solo work.

As a dedicated One Direction fan of almost 4 years, my list is far superior to Mina Boam’s list because I have all of these albums on my playlist, I have seen Louis Tomlinson live and in person, and the records in the photo above are all mine. In conclusion, Mina’s list really means nothing. – Rian Kavulich

Personally, I love One Direction but I’m not insane. Rian is really biased especially because she has an unhealthy obsession with Louis Tomlinson. I have no bias at all. I think most of the members are equally great.  But Niall has my heart and Liam stinks. – Mina Boam   

Rian’s List

1. Take Me Home (One Direction) – Boy band perfection at its best. “Loved You First” “She’s Not Afraid” “I Would” “Last First Kiss” and “Rock Me” don’t even get me started. This is THE One Direction album.

2. Faith In The Future (Louis Tomlinson) – Louis Tomlinson the man that you are (in other words: marry me). Nobody compares to him or his writing skills, he carried One Direction and he is still killing it now.

3. Fine Line (Harry Styles) – the album that made me fall in love with them oh my gosh.

4. Four (One Direction) – A fan favorite needs to be in the top 5.

5. Walls – (Louis Tomlinson) – It’s the best debut album by far.

6. The Show (Niall Horan) – Love, love, love but I don’t like how short it is.

7. Harry Styles (Harry Styles) – Gas, incredible, amazing.

8. Mind of Mine (Zayn) – An absolutely amazing album.

9. Made In The A.M. (One Direction) – Even without Zayn, the sound is just amazing.

10. Heartbreak Weather (Niall Horan) – It was a difficult decision not to put it higher.

11. Icarus Falls (Zayn) – Utterly delightful. ”There You Are” is transcending.

12. Midnight Memories (One Direction) – Have to give Louis, and Liam props for how many writing credits they have in it. 

13. Harry’s House (Harry Styles) – A good album, just not his best. Absolutely adore “Satellite”, and “Little Freak”.

14. Up All Night (One Direction) – Lots of absolute bangers, but lots of them finding their feet and other people’s sounds being put onto them.

15. Flicker (Niall Horan) – A great album, it just isn’t my favorite, sorry Niall. 

16. Nobody Is Listening  (Zayn) – With all the love in the world, I am not sure if I could care less about this album.

17. LP1 ( Liam Payne) – 17 misses, 1 hit.  Love “Strip That Down”.

Mina’s List 

1. Made in the A.M. (One Direction) – My favorite album, they all sound so good and make me think about being a little 7th grader with no problems.

2. Fine Line (Harry Styles) – Harry really put his whole heart into this album.

3. Take Me Home (One Direction) – Boy Band perfection.

4. Midnight Memories (One Direction) – is also a peak boy band album.

5. Flicker (Niall Horan) – “Slow Hands” and “This Town” are the best Niall Horan songs making this the best Niall album. Extra points because Niall Horan plays golf and I play golf.

6. Mind of Mine  (Zayn) – “Pillow Talk” is so good and Zayn is a very pretty man.

7. Four (One Direction) – Amazing album. I feel like they kinda predicted the future with the name because this is the last album with five people.  

8. Heartbreak Weather (Niall Horan) – I  cry to “Still” every day, the other songs are so great too. Me and my sister would listen to this album all of the time on the way to school. 

9. Nobody Is Listening (Zayn) – Zaynnnnnnnnnnn.

10. Up All Night (One Direction) – Basically the same thing as Take Me Home. 

11. Harry Styles (Harry Styles) – Love “Sign of the Times”, “From the Dining Table”, and “Meet Me in The Hallway” The others are just okay.

12. Harry’s House (Harry Styles)- Also really good just not as good as other Harry Styles albums.

13. The Show (Niall Horan)- I love Niall Horan so much he is so pretty but I only like a couple of songs on this album.

14. Faith in the future (Louis Tomlinson) – he is somewhat whiny…sorry Rian.   

15. Walls (Louis Tomlinson) – Sorry Louis it’s just not for me.

16. Icarus Falls (Zayn) – just didn’t stand out to me.

17. LP1 (Liam Payne) – Liam what? Should be a 58-minute loop of “Strip That Down”.