The Timberline Paw Print

The Student News Site of Timberline High School

The Timberline Paw Print

The Timberline Paw Print

Boise’s Best: Senior Destinations

With graduation coming up fast for the graduating class of 2024, seniors are finding themselves wanting to take a trip down memory lane. So, what better way to reminisce about our high school career’s than looking at the spots that shaped our four years in high school. As many of us are about to graduate and leave Boise, let’s all take a moment and highlight our top destinations throughout our years in Boise. 

To start off, a spot we all know and love; Dutch Bros. With locations all around Boise, there were two that stood out for Timberline students: the Downtown Grove and Broadway Dutch Bros. With endless drinks to choose from, we were all sure to have a staple drink in our lineups. A rejuvenating lunch pick me up or a sweet treat after school, our local Dutch Bros will always hold a special place in our hearts. 

Photo by: Ally Metzler
The Dutch Bros location on Broadway Avenue that many Timberline students venture to during lunch.

Next up, Lucky Peak Reservoir. The lake has offered us countless years full of adventure. Ice cold lake dips and boat rides in the sun define Boise in the summertime. With its multitude of hiking trails to choose from as well, Lucky Peak will remain our favorite outdoor escape from the stresses of everyday life. 

Photo by: Ally Metzler
A photo taken at the top of the Lucky Peak Dam Road that presents the beautiful lake and foothills.

To remember a quintessential part of our city, the Boise River must be mentioned. This spot has offered so many different activities for us to enjoy. Floating the river, fishing, photo shoots, hot girl walks, or even braving a polar plunge; the river has always been a destination in Boise so significant that it would be impossible to replace. 

Photo by: Ally Metzler
This photo shows the spot on the Boise River near Barber Park, where many enter to float down its waters.

Finally, we must thank the spot that provided us with countless dessert options: Blue Cow Frozen Yogurt. This local business has been Timberline’s go-to spot for years. A perfect place to get a late night treat with friends or family, we are sure to remember Blue Cow while being away from home. 

Photo by: Ally Metzler
Blue Cow Frozen Yogurt and their endless fro-yo options.

Wrapping up the school year and preparing to leave the city we have all called home for years will be hard, but reflecting on these special places in Boise allows us to be more thankful for all that our city has to offer. Thank you for everything Boise, no matter where we go- this city will always be home.